Saturday, October 2, 2010

Soft reboot. Relocating to Ireland

OK, it's official now... I've finally decided to move abroad and take the software engineer role in a big company in Dublin. Me and my family are going to relocate from Poland to Ireland end of this year / beginning of 2011 - the start date of my new job is January 4th. There are still three months left to go, but there is a lot of stuff to arrange and take care of.  I'm pretty excited  and scared at the same time about these changes, but also very optimistic about new life in Ireland. Any tips about life in Dublin are welcome!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Are you taking your PS3 with you? ;-) I think it's a good move (been thinking of the same for a while, actually).

Pawel Stolowski said...

Sure, PS3 is the item #1 :).
Thanks for good words.

niels.horn said...

A bit late with my comment, but life has kept me busy lately...
Moving to another country can be scary in the beginning. Far away from family and friends, adapting to a whole new culture, etc. I know - I did it 13 years ago, but I'm sure now it was the right decision. And Ireland is a wonderful country, with very friendly people.
Good luck!
Niels

Pawel Stolowski said...

Niels, thanks for good words! Yes, this is scary, but I came to the point where I need a drastic change; I'm very excited about the move and can't wait to start my new job. Ireland seems to be very beautiful country and I hope to have a great time there sightseeing.