Here is a plea: if you're a system administrator of a web hosting server and you ever wanted to support free software projects, then this is your chance. I need a free web hosting to host my home site and open source projects as soon as possible. My expectations are:
- it's free.
- this must be a stable and secure server, running 24/7.
- you're a professional web hosting provider and have already been providing web hosting for other web sites.
- web pages can use Ruby on Rails or PHP (for now my web page is all static, but I'd like to change it).
- disk quota can be increased if needed (I should be fine with around 50Mb for now, but may need more in the future).
- you have some nice domains available (e.g. gnu.org is a nice domain, whereas microsoft.com is not) and you can provide me with nice hostnames like qcomicbook.<yourdomain> or stolowski.<yourdomain> (I'd like to split my website into personal web site and qcomicbook, kleansweep hosting sites, so a few hostnames would be required).
- ssh and shell are not required, but would be a nice addition.
So, if you can provide me with web hosting service and meet these requirements, then please email me immediately. Thank you.
I'm also interested in suggestions about free and reliable web hosting services, so if you know and can recommend any, then please let me know.
Regarding the availability of QComicBook source tarball... I'm looking for a temporary web site to host it until a new hosting is available and my web site is back. I'll keep you informed, check this blog for updates.