- make your user a member of "cdrom" group
- create /etc/udev/rules.d/99-my.rules file with the following entry:
KERNEL=="sr*[0-9]", GROUP="cdrom", MODE="0660"
- set setuid bit for /usr/bin/wodim (note: this has some security implications; make sure you understand what it is all about):
chmod u+s /usr/bin/wodim
- this assumes your CD/DVD writer is mapped to a /dev/sr* device (should be the case for all drives, but I couldn't verify that).
- if this rule causes any side-effects to other /dev/sr* devices you may have installed, restrict the rule for specific device instead of using regular expression.
- the bug has already been reported on Novell's bugzilla
- making wodim setuid seems to be not needed after all (udev rule is enough).